· Be safe
· Be treated with dignity, sensitivity and respect
· Participate in soccer on an equal basis, appropriate to their ability and stage of development.
· (Trinity Donghmede FC) have decided that all players are entitled to a minimum playing time of Equal - minutes per match. (Consult League rules in this regard) Criteria for team selection should be clearly defined.
· Be happy, have fun and enjoy soccer
· Make a complaint in an appropriate way and have it dealt with through a proper and effective complaints procedure
· Be afforded appropriate confidentiality
· Be listened to and to be believed
· Have a voice in the running of the club
Children should also be encouraged to realise that they also have responsibilities to treat other children, fellow players, coaches and volunteers with the same degree of fairness and respect.
In this regard children in Trinity Donaghemde FC should undertake to:
play fairly, do their best and have fun
be on their best behaviour at all times
abide by all club rules
make high standards of Fair Play the standard others want to follow
respect opponents, they are not the enemy, they are partners in a sporting event
shake hands before and after the match, whoever wins
give opponents a hand if they are injured, put the ball out of play so they can get attention
accept apologies from opponents when they are offered
respect fellow team members and support them both when they do well and when things go wrong
treat players from minority groups with the same respect you show other people
be modest in victory and be gracious in defeat- “Be A Sport”
approach the club Children’s Officer with any questions or concerns they might have. Coaches and parents should encourage children to speak out and support them in doing so
Children in (Trinity Donaghemde FC) should not:
use abusive language, or argue with, the referee, officials, team mates or opponents
use violence, use physical contact only when it is allowed within the rules
tell lies about adults or other children
take banned substances to improve performance
keep secrets about any person who may have caused them harm
behave in any manner that may bring the name of (Trinity Donaghmede FC) into disrepute
In (Trinity Donaghmede FC) we want children in (Trinity Donaghmede FC) to have fun and develop skills in a safe and Fair Play environment where standards of behaviour are just as important as winning.
We recognise that competition and winning is an important goal, but winning at all costs does not meet the needs of young players.
(Trinity Donaghmede FC) are aware that recent research would suggest that increasing numbers of children leave sport between the ages of eight and thirteen. A number of the most common reasons given were; that sport was no longer fun, they did not get to play and overemphasis on winning.
Therefore we have to make every effort to ensure that we keep a balanced approach to competition, make sure all players get a chance to play and strive to keep the fun in soccer.
Making sport fun.
In promoting “Sport for Fun” we in (Trinity Donaghmede FC ) will insist on:
· Encouraging participation and fun
Published at: July 30, 2021 13:59